Merck Korea Receives Appreciation for Childbirth Encouragement Campaign
Merck Korea Receives Appreciation for Childbirth Encouragement Campaign
  • Korea IT Times
  • 승인 2011.05.26 14:04
  • 댓글 0
이 기사를 공유합니다

Juergen Koenig, President and Representative Director of Merck Korea

Merck Korea (President/Representative Director: Juergen Koenig), the Korean affiliate of Germany-based Merck KGaA will receive a plaque of appreciation at the launch of 'WISHMOM' Campaign to be organized by the Korean Society for Reproductive Medicine and supported by the Ministry of Health and Welfare and Seoul Metropolitan Society.

The public-private co-campaign, first of its kind, was designed to promote the public awareness of infertility and help fertility-challenged couples across the nation. The launching ceremony will be held at the Press Center in Seoul on May 26, 2011 and attended by Prof. Moon Shin-yong, Honorary Chairman of the Korean Society for Reproductive Medicine, Rep. Jeon Hyun-hee a member of National Assembly's Committee on Health and Welfare, as well as the heads of Seoul Metropolitan Society, Ministry of Health and Welfare and Merck Korea as supporters of the event.  Park Hyun-kyung, President of Seoul Foundation of Women & Family and Park Hee-joon, President of Korea Encouragement Association of Childbirth & Childcare will also participate among others.

The organizer will present Merck Korea with the appreciation for the company's efforts to promote public awareness and encourage childbirth. "The campaign will deliver correct information and attract more attention toward infertility issues," said Mr. Juergen Koenig. "Merck Korea will provide professional consulting and treatment through the campaign."
 
A survey shows one out of every eight married couples are fertility challenged in Korea. In vitro fertilization conducted in Korea reaches 25,000 every year, and this illustrates infertility couples are still on the increase.

The problem seems more serious as it relates to the low birth rate in Korea but doctors say only 10 percent of the cases are due to real physiological problems and the other 90 percent can be overcome through appropriate treatment and personal efforts.  

Actress Song Sun-mee was designated as honorary ambassador for the campaign.


댓글삭제
삭제한 댓글은 다시 복구할 수 없습니다.
그래도 삭제하시겠습니까?
댓글 0
댓글쓰기
계정을 선택하시면 로그인·계정인증을 통해
댓글을 남기실 수 있습니다.

  • #1206, 36-4 Yeouido-dong, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul, Korea(Postal Code 07331)
  • 서울특별시 영등포구 여의도동 36-4 (국제금융로8길 34) / 오륜빌딩 1206호
  • URL: www.koreaittimes.com / m.koreaittimes.com. Editorial Div. 02-578-0434 / 010-2442-9446. Email: info@koreaittimes.com.
  • Publisher: Monica Younsoo Chung. CEO: Lee Kap-soo. Editor: Jung Yeon-jin. Juvenile Protection Manager: Yeon Choul-woong.
  • IT Times Canada: Willow St. Vancouver BC, Canada / 070-7008-0005.
  • Copyright(C) Korea IT Times, Allrights reserved.
ND소프트