From Sommelier to animal psychotherapist, the era of specialists has come.
In 2011, there are 286 state-owned entities in South Korea. Putting aside the issue on the scope and number of state-owned entities, they are vital to the functioning of the economy.
We are faced the following circumstances. A growing emphasis on public policies to promptly respond to the recent global financial crisis. Legitimate adjustments to public policies effectively resolving problems related to the current downturn such as undergrowth, intensified global competition and a deteriorating labor market. An increased demand for a customized management system respecting the different characteristics and roles of individual SOEs
In order to cope with the recent situation, the Research Center for State-Owned Entities, the expert on SOEs, was organized. The Research Center for State-Owned Entities currently belongs to Korea Institute of Public Finance subject to the law 'ACT ON THE MANAGEMENT OF PUBLIC INSTITUTIONS'.
- Specialized research and data accumulation to raise understanding of SOE's roles and contribution to national economy
- Systematic maintenance and support systems to secure the validity and objectiveness of the performance evaluation process for SOEs
- May 17: 6th OECD Asia Network International meeting
- May 3: Joint Conference for Advancement of State-Owned Entities
- May 11: International Symposium in Celebration of Center's Opening
- Mar 9: Workshop for best practice of Advancement of State-Owned Entities
- Jan 20: 1st Policy forum for SOEs
- Sep 30: Approval from National Research Council for Economic, Humanities and Social Sciences
Research Center for State-Owned Entities
Public Policy Research Team
Management Evaluation Research Team
- Support resolution of national challenges and advancement of SOEs
- Provide tools for revision of current SOEs policies and further future development
- Develop sustainable management policy to improve efficiency and productivity of SOEs operations
- The best public research center serving the nation and people