Samsung has created a new and simplified system of naming its smartphones, focused on its ever-expanding portfolio of industry-leading Android devices. The naming structure will organize and group all devices into five classes, identified by a single alphabetical letter. Devices will then be further designated by an additional indicator which will identify specific functionality.
"As Samsung continues to innovate, our goal is to provide consumers with an experience uniquely tailored to their needs. We have introduced steps to ensure users can simply identify the device designed to deliver the perfect experience for them," said JK Shin, President and Head of Samsung's Mobile Communications Business.
"In addition to this new naming strategy at IFA this year we unveilling the GALAXY W, GALAXY M Pro, GALAXY Y and GALAXY Y Pro - designed with the professional and social consumer in mind. These products further build on the phenomenal success we have enjoyed with the GALAXY range."
New ways to identify your GALAXY Smartphones
According to the new naming structure, new class designators refer to the specific category that the smartphone product fits into, for example a premium device, or an entry-level device. All classes will be used within the higher branding of the 'GALAXY' smartphones.
- "S" (Super Smart) - Devices at the very pinnacle of Samsung's mobile portfolio. This class will only be used on flagship devices such as the Samsung Galaxy S, the award-winning smartphone that has already sold 10 million units throughout the world.
· "R" (Royal / Refined) - Premium category models, a combination of power, performance and productivity for the individual who wants to be defined by the technology they carry.
· "W" (Wonder) - High quality, strategic models, perfect for those seeking a balance between style and performance.
· "M" (Magical) -High-performance models at an economic price-point.
· "Y" (Young) - These are entry models or strategic models for emerging markets or a younger audience more sensitive to price.
Class indicators allow a more specific description of the key selling points of a device:
- "Pro" - This indicates that the device includes a QWERTY keyboard for speedier email typing and increased productivity for professionals.
- "Plus" - This indicates that the device is an upgrade from an existing model.
- "LTE" - This indicates that the device is designed to utilize LTE (Long-Term Evolution) connectivity standards, a 4G standard to provide increased mobile network capacity and speed.
News Source: Samsung Electronics
저작권자 © Korea IT Times 무단전재 및 재배포 금지