AUSTIN, TX - SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, today announced its remote IT administration solution now empowers IT Professionals to securely assist end-users around the world -- all that's required is an Internet connection. DameWare Remote Support 11.0's new central, self-hosted server enables secure, over-the-Internet remote support sessions on a global scale, serving the ever-changing needs of organizations from small businesses to growing enterprises at an affordable price for all.
With workforce mobility being the new normal, DameWare Remote Support enables IT Pros to connect to Mac OS X, Linux and Windows computers anywhere to provide secure remote administration and support. With its powerful new server hosted within the customer's own IT environment, DameWare allows IT Pros to control the security of their data from end to end, preventing it from passing through a third-party server and providing support to end-users both inside and outside the firewall.
"Whether in a small business or a global enterprise, employees of all organizations are going to need secure remote IT support outside the firewall while they're on the go, home sick, or even on vacation," said Chris LaPoint, VP Product Management, SolarWinds. "With DameWare's new over-the-Internet capabilities, an IT Pro can reach end-users' workstations regardless of where they are in the world and ensure the security of those remote support sessions."
To understand the far-reaching extent IT Pros have been tasked to provide remote support, SolarWinds asked its IT Pro community thwack to share examples of the most far-flung places and unique spaces they've helped their end users. Over 135 responses were collected, including:
- From beneath a car mid-oil change
- From Alabama to the Australian Outback
- From a cruise ship in the Caribbean to West Virginia
- From a casino in Las Vegas to Manchester, UK
- From the pyramids in Cairo to London
- From Argentina to Mexico City
In addition to secure remote sessions, DameWare Remote Support's new centralized architecture also gives IT Pros advanced management functionalities to address the scalability challenges of a growing enterprise and the end-users it must support. DameWare admins can now create and share host lists for quick remote access to frequently used computers as well as manage all DameWare licenses and users from the central server.
DameWare Remote Support Highlights
- Remotely control Windows, Linux and Mac OS X computers
- Start, stop and restart Windows services without having to use remote control
- Access Windows computers from iPhone or iPad devices
- Manage users and groups from multiple Active Directory domains
- Export AD objects and detailed information from remote Windows computers