Now in its sixth year, Retail Asia Expo is firmly established as the region's premier retail trade fair. The uniquely Asia-focused event is an inspiring combination of exhibitions, seminars, awards and networking opportunities.
Stuart Bailey, General Manager of Diversified Communications HK LLC., the organiser of Retail Asia Expo, said: "By embracing innovation and the need for agility, retailers can be ready to drive customer engagement and loyalty in today's more competitive business environment. Across the industry, the rapid growth of online retailing, the rise of the omni-channel customer and the coming Internet of Things present opportunities as well as challenges. Retail Asia Expo 2014 has been carefully crafted to let Asia's retailers access all the newest and most exciting ideas, tools and technologies in one place, over an intense three days."
Retail Asia Expo 2014 includes three distinct exhibition and seminar streams this year: Retail Technology, Retail Design & In-Store Marketing and, for the first time, eCommerce World. Running concurrently with the Omni-Channel Retailing Conference, the event will also include the popular Senses Generate Sales multi-sensory design pavilion featuring Materia, as well a new Interior Designers Forum and a Gala Dinner at which the Hong Kong Retail Industry Trade Awards will be presented.
Trends and Solutions
Reflecting the multi-faceted nature of modern retailing, Retail Asia Expo 2014 presents three specialized shows. Taken together, they underscore the importance of online-to-offline (O2O) commerce to the future of retailing. This blending of the online and offline worlds -- where businesses find customers online and then attract them into offline stores -- can help maximize sales and customer loyalty.
- The Retail Technology Expo presents a wide array of technology solutions for the retail and hospitality markets. These include point of sale (POS) systems, RFID tracking systems, mobile applications and security systems from large international manufacturers and solutions providers, as well regional and local innovators.
- The Retail Design & In-Store Marketing Expo features all elements of shop design and visual marketing, with an emphasis on the latest interior design, flooring, displays and lighting to help retailers and contractors create customized and unique in-store experiences.
- The eCommerce World Expo helps unlock the possibilities for retailers setting up online shopping platforms to complement traditional business models. Mobile applications that boost sales, sophisticated payment and logistics solutions and other ways to build omni-channel competitiveness will be presented.
Sensory Shopping with Materia
Retail Asia Expo will again present the inspiring Senses Generate Sales & Green Retailing pavilion, an installation that demonstrates how retailers can use visual and multi-sensory design to create positive impressions of their products and brands.
This year the pavilion will host a special exhibition by Materia of the Netherlands. A global leader in the area of innovative materials, Materia will showcase new sustainable materials, including interactive smart materials, in Hong Kong. Such materials change colour, translucency, hardness or size in response to changes in the environment, helping retailers to communicate their brand identity and increase brand appeal. They may also generate energy from the differing environmental conditions, such as pressure or temperature changes. Materia creative director Els Zijlstra will also present a seminar in the Interior Designers Forum.
Mobile Loyalty Marketing
Cherrypicks, a global leader in mobile innovation, is giving Expo attendees the chance to experience one of its O2O platforms during the trade fair: the keewee loyalty and marketing solution. Participants who download the location-based keewee mobile app will automatically collect e-stamps when they arrive at designated locations throughout the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre. These e-stamps can then be redeemed for gifts, such as a SHARP 40" Full HD iDTV and a Samsung Galaxy S5 to name a few.
Exhibitors and Seminars
More than 160 local and international suppliers will showcase the latest retail design and technology solutions at Retail Asia Expo 2014. Exhibitors include E Tag (security systems), G4S (cash management), Displaydata (electronic shelf labels), Four Directions (mobile commerce), Accentrix (leasing management system), Global Payments (payment processing), Urovo (data collection), Wacom (signature display), Sam Hing (weighing and filling machine), IWT (anonymous face recognition technology), PCCW-HKT (smart coupon), Redmoon (touch screen POS), LUX (interior design and product display design & production), Ningbo ITG (energy-saving projector), Art King (digital printing), Provideo (digital signage), Megaman (lighting), and Wing Wah (showcase lamps).
Many leading global suppliers will also discuss market and ecommerce trends and new technology and design solutions in a series of more than 30 seminars during the three-day Expo. Speakers will cover a range of topics such as ecommerce opportunities, social media, mobility, O2O commerce, supply chain solutions, retail design, branding and creative shopping.
Omni-Channel Conference: Consistency in a Dynamic Environment
Held alongside Retail Asia Expo on 10 and 11 June, the Omni-Channel Conference will be an opportunity for senior executives from across Asia Pacific to engage with expert speakers from around the world. In a compressed one-day programme, these industry leaders will discuss strategies and best practices, and share insights into the shifting retail landscape. Attendees will learn how to use evolving technologies and social media trends to engage customers in a seamless and integrated multi-channel way that is tailored to their needs and specific market.
International speakers confirmed for the 2014 Omni-Channel Retailing Conference include:
- Edge Zarrella, Clients and Innovation Partner, KPMG
- Jonathan Cummings, Managing Director, StartJG
- Richard Winter, President, POPAI
- Scott Thompson, Founder & CEO, CARAT London
- Vincent Lau, Regional Director of E-Commerce, Asia Pacific, Deckers Outdoor Corporation
- Keith Chan, Group Finance Director, Volkswagen Group Hong Kong Limited
- Chua Cheng Xun, Managing Director, ZALORA Hong Kong
- Thibault Villet, CEO, Glamour Sales China