The Moxa's new compact, rugged MC-1100 DIN-rail mountable computing platform is designed to meet the critical challenges of various industrial automation applications in harsh indoor and outdoor environments.MC-1100 compact, rugged DIN-rail automation computers
The advanced thermal design of the MC-1100 ensures reliable system operation in extreme temperatures ranging from -40 to 70°C without the use of a fan. In addition, the MC-1100 complies with DNV, IEC 60945, ATEX, and IECEx Zone 2 standards, which makes it ideal for deployment in heavy-industry, oil and gas, and marine applications.
Featuring a power-efficient Intel® Atom™ E3800 series processor and a variety of I/O connectivity options, including 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports, 2 serial ports, 1 VGA port, 1 DisplayPort, and dual storage, the MC-1100 series is built to provide outstanding performance while enabling a new level of versatility and control in industrial automation applications. The MC-1100 also offers a Mini PCIe socket that supports a variety of wireless options, including Wi-Fi and 3G/4G LTE.
In order to maximize system uptime, the MC-1100 supports MOXA’s Proactive Monitoring and Smart Recovery software tools to help businesses continuously monitor the status of their computers and take predictive maintenance measures.
“The high performance, rich I/O flexibility, and -40 to 70°C wide-temperature rugged design of the MC-1100 automation computer makes it a perfect fit for various industrial automation applications,” said Taita Chou, product manager for MOXA’s Mission-Critical Panel Computing Division.
The key features and benefits:
* Energy-efficient Intel Atom E3800 series processor
* -40 to 70°C operating temperature range for greater reliability in harsh environments
* Dual-storage expansion (SD and CFast slots)
* Dual-independent displays (VGA + DisplayPort)
* Variety of interfaces: 2 serial ports, 4 Giga LANs, 4 DIs, 4 DOs, 2 USB 2.0 ports
* Mini-PCIe sockets for Wi-Fi, 3G, LTE, and GPS
* 12 to 36 VDC, wide-range isolated power input
* Moxa Smart Recovery utility for system recovery from boot failure
* Compliance with IEC 60945, DNV, and Zone 2 certifications