AMSTERDAM, Netherlands, Sept. 13, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE/Korea IT Times) -- HP today announced the HP Z8 G4, the most powerful workstation on the planet1 and security features that denote HP as having the world’s most secure and manageable desktop workstations2.
The reinvention of HP’s most powerful desktop PCs meets the compute power needs demanded by the world’s inventors of change, including product designers, architects, digital creators, scientists, educators, healthcare workers, financial traders and others. The HP Z8, Z6 and Z4 Desktop Workstations are equipped with extreme power, unprecedented security2 and innovative design, future-proofed to support the fast growing fields of virtual reality, machine learning and advanced design.
IT managers in today’s world must make security a top priority. HP’s new powerhouse portfolio includes the industry’s most comprehensive set of security features2 including HP SureStart (the industry's first self-healing BIOS with intrusion detection), the HP Client Security Suite and more. With the highest security levels in the history of the HP Z Workstations business, this generation performs with extreme power and protects intellectual assets.
“The stakes for world-class security have never been higher or more important for workstations,” said Xavier Garcia, vice president and general manager, HP Z Workstations, HP Inc. “Workstation users create the most valuable IP for a company and HP is meeting the security needs with the world’s most secure and manageable desktop and mobile workstations. As the most powerful desktop workstation in the world, the HP Z8 Workstation can deliver the extreme power and the security demanded by our customers.”
HP’s New Desktop Workstations
Every inch of the new tower workstations was intentionally and thoughtfully re-designed to deliver superb power, style and the inspiration desired by the inventors of change. The ID was completely updated to incorporate advanced manufacturing techniques and materials, and represent the power of the machines, their users and the work that’s completed by creatives.
The new workstations incorporate Thunderbolt™ 3 (optional) and Dual 1GbE Ports (standard) to support the high bandwidth data transfer demanded by current and future users, as well as Microsoft Windows 76 support for legacy workflows. Each of them offers modular front IO with USB 3.1 G2 Type C™ ports. The Z8 and Z6 models each support up to dual CPUs, and an optional dual 10 GbE network module for high speed networking at half the cost of current HP Workstations, and without consuming a precious PCIe expansion slot.
The HP Z8 G4 Workstation delivers top-of-the-line power to fuel those who reimagine the design of everything from race cars to rockets. As the most powerful desktop workstation on the planet1, the HP Z8 Workstation has the capability to run the most complex simulations and process massive amounts of data. Users can run 3D simulations and edit 8K video in real time with up to 56 processing cores and up to 3 TB of main memory, 3x the capacity of its predecessor4. Certified for serious software, such as ANSYS or After Effects5, users can deliver creative work in less time.
HP’s flagship workstation has an all new ID with inventive ducting that routes fresh air to the second CPU, rather than recycling warm air expelled from the ducting on the first CPU and state-of-the-art design from world-class computer architecture experts.
A split chassis architecture enables rear access to the hefty 1700 W power supply with a locking mechanism, 24 DIMMs, and a total of 9 PCIe slots (7 full length, full height PCIe slots and two internal PCIe “personality” slots) to bring this coveted machine to life for specialized workflows. The HP Z8 Tower has 67 percent more memory bandwidth, 27 percent greater processor core count capacity, 40 percent greater PCIe I/O bandwidth and 29 percent greater power supply capability – as compared to the Z840 – for customers running the most demanding workloads.
The HP Z6 G4 Workstation is designed with the ever-changing needs of VFX artists in mind. Supporting the latest professional graphics, 384 GB of system memory, and dual M.2 slots for HP Z Turbo Drive PCIe SSDs users can experience seamless performance in visual effects and design visualization workloads.
A future-proof powerhouse, the HP Z6 Workstation also delivers a highly-modular design experience with options like a second processor and memory riser solution so users can quickly and simply double their compute capabilities. The HP Z6 Workstation has up to 1.5x the amount of total system memory, 67 percent more memory bandwidth, 27 percent greater processor core count capacity and 22 percent greater PCIe I/O bandwidth for customers refreshing from the Z640.
The HP Z4 G4 Workstation is the next generation of HP’s best-selling workstation and redesigned from top to bottom. The system is ahead of its time with more standard features and delivering performance upgrade options never before available in an HP single-processor workstation. Users across a broad range of markets can choose the ideal configuration to meet performance requirements. With the impressive new Intel® Xeon® processor W family, users from CAD to simulation will see extraordinary application performance scaling, giving them the ability to visualize ideas anytime during the design process. The HP Z4 Workstation also features major design improvements for tomorrow’s office environment with a sleek and modern industrial design including ergonomic front and rear handles, a dramatically smaller chassis for cramped workspaces and a new dust filter option for industrial environments.
The HP Z4 Workstation, a great solution for embedded applications, unleashes new levels of IO bandwidth with dual 1GbE networking and dual M.2 slots for HP Z Turbo Drive PCIe SSDs standard, and the ability to easily upgrade the front USB to include two USB 3.1 G2 Type C™ ports. The HP Z4 Workstation has 11 percent more memory bandwidth, 25 percent greater processor core count capacity and 13 percent greater PCIe I/O bandwidth for customers refreshing from the Z440.
New HP Z Displays Include a Stunning 38” Diagonal Curved Display
HP also announced seven new HP Z displays. HP Z Displays are designed for the most discerning customers that value amazing visual experiences, out-of-the-box calibration and best-in-class reliability.
Users can completely immerse themselves in the expansive elegance of the HP Z38c Curved Display. This display features a seamless workspace without the distracting center bezel of dual display setups and has a large 37.5-inch diagonal curve with a 2300 mm radius and a wide 21:9 aspect ratio. The HP Z38c has a crystal-clear 4K screen, 3840x1600 resolution5 display with optimized pixel density so icons and text are the ideal sizes, allowing users to spend less time panning and zooming and more time creating.
The HP Z38c joins six additional impressive HP Z Displays ranging in sizes from 21.5-inch thru 27-inch diagonal. Like all HP Z Displays, each model delivers a customer insights-based feature set to optimize the end users workflow. Users will appreciate the virtually borderless screens for maximum impact imagery, factory color calibration to ensure optimal color accuracy and flexible connectivity for all devices.
HP Z Portfolio Pricing and Availability
- HP Z8 Workstation is scheduled for availability in October starting at $2,439. The datasheet is available here.
- HP Z6 Workstation is scheduled for availability in October starting at $1,919. The datasheet is available here.
- HP Z4 Workstation is scheduled for availability in November starting at $1,239. The datasheet is available here.
- HP Z38c Curved Display is available now starting at $1,199. The datasheet is available here.
- HP Z27n G2 Display is available beginning in December starting at $499. The datasheet is available here.
- HP Z24nf G2 Display is available now starting at $229. The datasheet is available here.
- HP Z24n G2 Display is available beginning in December starting at $349. The datasheet is available here.
- HP Z24i G2 Display is available now starting at $289. The datasheet is available here.
- HP Z23n G2 Display is available now starting at $225. The datasheet is available here.
- HP Z22n G2 Display is available now starting at $199. The datasheet is available here.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
- Based on desktop workstations as of June 14, 2017 and power based on processor, graphics, memory, and power supply
- Based on HP’s unique and comprehensive security capabilities at no additional cost and HP’s Manageability Integration Kit’s management of every aspect of a PC including hardware, BIOS and software management using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager among desktop workstation vendors as of June. 2017 on HP Desktop Workstations with 7th Gen Intel® Processors.
- As of Sept. 13, 2017
- Based on desktop workstations memory capacity as of June 14, 2017.
- All performance specifications represent the typical specifications provided by HP's component manufacturers; actual performance may vary either higher or lower.
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (available through downgrade rights from Windows 10 Pro). If the system is preinstalled with Windows 7 Professional software it also comes with a license and media for Windows 10 Pro for Workstations software. You may only use one version of the Windows software at a time. Switching between versions will require you to uninstall one version and install the other version. You must back up all data (files, photos, etc.) before uninstalling and installing operating systems to avoid loss of your data
©Copyright 2017 HP Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
CONTACT: Jim Christensen, HP Inc. email@example.com www.hp.com/go/newsroom