[Darmstadt, Germany] Merck holds global Innovation Cup celebrating its 350th anniversary in 2018 to support new generation of academic talents. It covers the fields of healthcare, synthetic biology, material solutions, digitalization, and new ways of collaboration. Merck invites advanced students in below area from all over the world to apply for participation in the Innovation Cup.
• Sciences: Post-graduate students in natural sciences on their way towards a PhD or working as a postdoc in biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, biotech, bioinformatics, biochemistry, pharmacy, informatics, computer science, data science, engineering, or related fields
• Business: Advanced MBA students or recent MBA graduates with an interest in the pharmaceutical and chemical business
Benefits of Camp Participants
• Learn the essentials about R&D within the pharmaceutical and chemical industry
• Understand how products are successfully discovered, developed, and brought to market
• Get to know Merck and learn about career options
• Work as part of a team to generate new ideas in the areas: healthy lives, synthetic biology, material solutions, digitalization, and new ways of working together
• Evaluate your ideas from a technical and business perspective and build a convincing business plan
During a one week Summer Camp, which takes place in Germany from July 16 to 24, 2018, 75 selected postgraduate students will work in small teams to generate an innovative idea that addresses a scientific challenge and develop the idea into a business plan supported from Merck headquarters for travel, accommodation, and food expenses.
Teams will receive coaching and guidance from world-class academic scientists, Merck managers and scientists, and experienced retirees. The jury will select the best business plan and present the winning team with the Innovation Cup award and cash prize of EUR 20,000. Additionally, a cash prize of EUR 5,000 will be awarded for the best business plan per category. The Innovation Cup will be a chance to gain in-depth knowledge about research and development, to network with top students from around the world, and build a business case together with experienced professionals. All participants will also attend the “Curious2018 – Future InSight Conference” (http://www.curious2018.com), which will take place near Frankfurt, Germany from July 16 to 24, 2018.
Apply for Merck Special Innovation Cup at innovationcup.merckgroup.com until January 15, 2018.