MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., March 07, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Blue Jeans Network, Inc., the first cloud service to connect desktops, mobile devices and room systems in one video meeting, today introduced its redesigned meetings platform for the modern workplace. The latest version of the BlueJeans desktop app was developed with an extreme end-user focus and tested on thousands of users to provide a fast, simple and delightful experience that delivers the right blend of the familiar and intuitive. From any endpoint or device, BlueJeans brings video, audio and web conferencing together with the collaboration and messaging tools people use every day. Dolby Voice® is now integrated across the entire BlueJeans audio stack, from the cloud to the client, for ultra-wideband, spatial audio with noise reduction technology on any device.
“We built the new BlueJeans experience by empathizing deeply with our users and placing the focus of meetings where it belongs -- on the people and ideas that propel business, collaboration and productivity,” said Mark Strassman, Chief Product Officer, BlueJeans. “The new BlueJeans provides the most elegant and natural experience in the industry. Users are instantly productive and engaged while administrators have strong security, control and management capabilities for the enterprise.”
“BlueJeans has been an integral part of the meeting and collaboration process at LinkedIn for years. The new experience is a big step for the industry, and exactly what we expect from the team at BlueJeans -- management and control for administrators and a user experience that becomes second nature for everyone involved,” said Brian Frank, VP, Operations at LinkedIn.
BlueJeans partners, including Dolby Laboratories, Facebook, Kaptivo, Polycom, Microsoft and Voicera, help create a unified experience across all enterprise endpoints inside and outside the office while building innovative applications for the digital workplace.
From digital assistants to interactive whiteboards, BlueJeans and its partners are evolving traditional meetings into intelligent meetings that greatly improve productivity. Leading BlueJeans integrations include:
- Alexa for Business allows meeting participants to dial into meetings with their voice and control BlueJeans by using Amazon Echo devices as a speakerphone.
- Kaptivo integrates with BlueJeans to transform any dry-erase board into a real-time collaboration tool to capture images and live stream content.
- Voicera's Eva, an artifical intelligence virtual assistant joins your meetings like other participants, listens, takes notes and provides highlights, full transcripts or recordings as well as action items that can be shared by email, Slack or into systems like Salesforce.
BlueJeans provides one-touch meeting access from the widest array of endpoints, devices, and collaboration and messaging tools like Slack, Atlassian HipChat and Skype so people can work more productively, whether through its native app, a browser or a room system. For example:
- The Dolby Conference Phone with Dolby Voice technology delivers one-touch access to meetings with crystal clear, ultra-wideband audio capture while reducing background noise and interruptions.
- Users of Workplace by Facebook can stream BlueJeans Meetings to their Workplace group to share content and broadcast events.
- For Microsoft customers, meetings are also remarkably simple with the BlueJeans Gateway for Microsoft Teams providing one-touch meeting and native calendaring on any room system. In addition, BlueJeans now includes Microsoft Office 365 scheduling which provides one-touch calendar and meeting entry from Mac, Windows and Outlook Web Access.
- Customers of Polycom, Cisco and LifeSize room systems enjoy BlueJeans’ one-touch meetings, calendar integrations and centralized controls for meeting administrators.
- BlueJeans supports the WebRTC standard for a wide variety of browsers. BlueJeans’ users can easily invite customers and partners to participate in 2-way video and audio conferencing and content sharing with no app download or installation required.
BlueJeans continues to extend its strength in enterprise-class security, manageability, performance and control with enhancements for IT:
- With the addition of even more capabilities to its best-in-class Command Center, an interactive dashboard for live meeting management and service intelligence that includes alerts and more than 70 performance metrics, BlueJeans customers and partners have enterprise-class insight into every meeting.
- BlueJeans has successfully completed its fifth consecutive round of SOC 2 audits and availability of our SOC 3 report, a process which requires companies to maintain internal controls over their systems. The review process requires an outside audit over several months and has become critical policy for cloud technology to scale across the enterprise environment.
- The European Unition General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) places new obligations on businesses in order to more comprehensively protect the personal data of EU citizens. BlueJeans will complete the required process and related changes to ensure compliance ahead of the mandated May 25, 2018 deadline.
For More Information:
- To try the new BlueJeans experience and learn more about our partner integrations to build a meetings platform for your modern workplace, please visit: http://www.bluejeans.com/products/new-meetings-platform-announcement
- To visit BlueJeans at Enterprise Connect and see live demos of our partner integrations, please visit us at booth #1827.
- Additional information on the new BlueJeans experience can be found on our blog at: https://hub.bluejeans.com/blog/bluejeans-launches-new-meetings-experience-for-modern-workplace
About BlueJeans Network
BlueJeans is the meetings platform for the modern workplace and the first cloud service to connect desktops, mobile devices and room systems in one video meeting. Thousands of companies from growing businesses to Fortune 500 leaders use BlueJeans every day for video, audio and web conferencing meetings and large interactive events, so people can work productively where and how they want. For more information, visit www.bluejeans.com.
GMK Communications for BlueJeans
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/816c0405-6b27-4b30-a8d0-66ddc2f5eeb3