CUPERTINO, Calif., May 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mist, the pioneer in self-learning networks powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI), today unveiled that the Mist Learning WLAN is part of the Palo Alto Networks® (NYSE:PANW) Application Framework. With Mist’s 100 percent open and programmable wireless platform, customers can now combine wireless service levels and location with security profiling and enforcement to deliver unprecedented visibility and control over mobile users, devices and IoT. This furthers Mist’s vision of using open APIs to automate key IT infrastructure services for ease, scale and functionality.
Consuming cybersecurity innovations has become an arduous process. Organizations waste time deploying new sensors every time they want to collect a new piece of data and manage point products, rather than improving security controls to stay ahead of attackers. The Palo Alto Networks Application Framework makes it easy to add new security capabilities quickly and efficiently. The framework extends the capabilities of the Palo Alto Networks Security Operating Platform, with a suite of APIs that developers can use to connect innovative apps with rich data, threat intelligence and enforcement points. Organizations gain immediate security value from apps developed by an open ecosystem of trusted innovators.
The Mist Learning WLAN is the first AI-driven wireless and location platform. It delivers unique insight into the Wi-Fi user experience and enables customers to accurately locate mobile devices with ease and scale. The Mist solution is built on an enterprise-scale microservices cloud platform that has full API support across all functions to enable automation. By being a part of the Palo Alto Networks Applications Framework, Mist customers get a secure wireless solution that sets and enforces policies, monitors the user quality of experience, creates automated workflows, and maps physical location with client experiences and security threats.
- “We are pleased to be part of Palo Alto Networks Application Framework as the first AI-driven WLAN. Through integration efforts like this, we can now share critical user, device, application and security information and automate key actions pertaining to wireless security. This takes the industry to the next level and underscores the benefits of AI and programmability across the IT stack.”
- Sujai Hajela, CEO and co-founder, Mist.
- “We are delighted to welcome Mist to the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework developer community. The framework provides our customers with superior security through cloud-based apps developed by innovative security providers, large and small. Together, we are fueling innovation in the cybersecurity market with apps that are built rapidly, engineered on a common framework, and deliver unique value while solving our customers’ toughest security challenges.”
- Lee Klarich, chief product officer, Palo Alto Networks
- Mist’s app for the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework will be available to all customers in tandem with the Application Framework’s availability in August 2018.
- The Palo Alto Networks Application Framework is targeted for availability in August 2018 and will be available worldwide to customers who have purchased either Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls or Traps advanced endpoint protection and the Logging Service subscription.
Mist built the first AI-driven wireless platform, designed specifically for the Smart Device Era. The Mist Learning Wireless LAN makes Wi-Fi predictable, reliable and measurable by providing unprecedented visibility into the user experience and by replacing time consuming manual IT tasks with proactive automation. In addition, Mist is the first vendor to bring enterprise-grade Wi-Fi, BLE and IoT together to deliver personalized, location-based wireless services without requiring battery-powered beacons. All operations are managed via Mist’s modern cloud architecture for maximum scalability, agility and performance.
The Mist team consists of leading experts in wireless, machine learning and cloud, who are responsible for building the largest and most advanced networks in the world. Founded in 2014, the company is based in Cupertino, CA and funded by top investors, including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, and Cisco Investments. For more information, visit www.mist.com.
About Palo Alto Networks
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Offleash for Mist
(916) 712 - 3791