At CeBIT 2006, LG Electronics (LG) will be presenting its latest developments in multimedia technology, including Plasma TV with built-in DVR, HSDPA phone, terrestrial and satellite DMB phone and Dual-Core Notebook PC.
LG's exhibition theme this year is "Life as Masterpiece." To emphasize the theme, the company exhibits the gold-rimmed 71-inch plasma TV, which is the most expensive TV in the world, in the fa?ade of the booth and installs moving walls consisted of thirty 50-inch plasma TVs and eight 42-inch TVs. In February, LG won iF Design Awards in 11 categories and the company showcases the most of them in CeBIT 2006. Highlights include:
- Mobile TV Phone: For CeBIT 2006, LG showcases mobile TV Phones with all existing methods of DVB-H, MediaFLO, Satellite and Terrestrial DMB Phone. Especially, V9000 is the definite all-in-one multimedia device. With its unique wideswing screen, users can watch TV programs for up to three hours consecutively and can even record programs for up to one hour. Utilizing LG's own DAB/DMB receiving and AV decoding chip, this model provides perfect picture quality on a high-resolution screen. This phone also features a 3D surround sound system, mega-pixel AF CMOS camera, MP3, TV capture and Bluetooth.
- 3G Phone (U8500 Roberto Cavalli Edition): The handset is the world's slimmest 3G music clamshell phone (As of the end of 2005) with a thickness of 18.2mm. The model features user memory with a twenty MP3 song capacity, buttons on the outside for easy control of the MP3 player function, video calling and a 1.3 mega-pixel camera.
- Multimedia Phone (KG920): the world's slimmest GSM 5 mega-pixel handset is super slim at just 18mm. It adopts an innovative Twist & Slim design that features a real digital camera. This world's thinnest handset incorporates an auto focus CCD camera and a 2-inch QVGA LCD screen for VGAlevel video at 30 fps (frames per second). Strengthening this camera function is a strobe flash, half-shutter and lens cover. During the exhibition, LG plans to invite famous dancers and present exciting performances expressing the image of LG's latest handsets to the booth visitors
- Dual-Core Notebook PC: The notebook PC is equipped with 2 core chip installed to one CPU, which is optimum for multi-tasking. LG also exhibits the lightweight Notebook PC (TX Series)
- Plasma TV with Built-in DVR: The built-in Digital Video Recorder has the capability of storing up to 40 hours of digital standard-definition programming. It also has continuous automatic recording in 1-hour intervals which offers seamless viewing experience
LG will also showcase HSDPA phone, LCD TVs, LCD monitors and the world's first "Wall-Mounted Projector".
LG Electronics, Inc., (www.lge.com) is the world's major force and technology innovator in electronics, information and communications products. The company has more than 67,000 employees working in 77 subsidiaries and marketing units around the world. LG Electronics is the world's largest producer of CDMA handsets, DVD players, optical storage devices, air conditioners, canister vacuum cleaners and micro ovens. With total revenue of more than USD 35 billion (non-consolidated), LG Electronics is comprised of four business units: Mobile Communications, Digital Appliance, Digital Display and Digital Media.