Regarding reports that there are dozens of employees involved in the radiation exposure incident, Seoul Semiconductor refuted the report, saying, "It is different from the truth."
"A total of seven people are suspected of radiation exposure according to the results of the Nuclear Safety and Security Commission's investigation, which has been carried out so far," said an official of Seoul Semiconductor on Aug. 21. "The blood tests of all the suspected patients were judged normal and they are waiting for the results of detailed tests such as chromosomal aberrations."
Regarding the accident, Seoul Semiconductor explained that it faithfully implemented compliance with the industrial safety, health and education process in accordance with the law, but the accident occurred at its business partner.
Noting that the equipment in the accident is the small light emitting diode package quality inspection equipment , it said, "Although X-ray can be taken only when doors are closed, during this process, X-ray could be taken as safety devices were released arbitrarily by attaching tape."
"As the business was delegated under a contract with the partner company concerned, training and instructions were being directed through the manager of the company," he said. "There was no mention of the reported 'volume pressure'."
"We will continue to sincerely take part in the investigation by the government and the commission," said the Seoul Semiconductor official. "We are very sorry for causing concern to many people in the wake of the accident."